July 12, 2017 - July 12, 2017
Menorrhagia as Symptoms of Disordered Bleeding
Presented by Dr. Heather Paulson
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm -- Arizona Time (MST)
CMEs: 1.5 Pharmacy
Undiagnosed, untreated blood disorders in women have medical consequences and unique issues at every life stage. The delay in and/or failure to diagnose and treat blood disorders in women is a major public health problem. This can result in significant morbidity, reduced quality of life, days lost from work/school, unnecessary invasive procedures and high health care costs. Women with menorrhagia have a 24% chance of having a bleeding disorder, which is often the only clinical sign of a bleeding disorder. This lecture will prepare you to identify patients at risk for bleeding disorders reviewing differentials, labs, and treatments.
- How to identify patients that are at risk for bleeding disorders (ddx, family history, past medical history, menstrual history, pregnancy history, etc)
- Ordering appropriate lab and diagnostic studies to rule out or diagnose bleeding disorders
- Treatment of Anemia: pharmacological and natural therapies.
- Treatment of increased clotting factors: pharmacological and natural therapies.
- Treatment of reduced clotting factors: pharmacological and natural therapies
Heather Paulson, ND, FABNO focuses on helping people diagnosed with cancer and hematological disorders reconnect with their natural state of wellness. Heather teaches both Oncology and Hematology at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and also oversees a cancer specialty shift at SCNM’s medical center and is currently writing the Textbook of Naturopathic and Integrative Oncology. In addition to teaching, Heather is the founder of The Paulson Center for Integrative Healing. A center that includes naturopaths, counselors, massage therapists, acupuncturists, nurse practitioners, nutritionists and energy workers coming together to support people diagnosed with cancer. She has been featured on local news programs Sonoroan Living and Your Health A-Z as guest speaker on natural cancer care. She has also published several oncology based articles in NDNR and The Natural Medicine Journal. You can contact her through e-mail at [email protected] or www.drheatherpaulson.com
Webinar Registration Rates
$55 - AzNMA Physician Member
$35 - AzNMA Student Member
$75 - Non-Member
1) Upon completion of your online payment at AzNMA.org you will receive TWO emails: your payment receipt and confirmation of registration with a Go to Webinar registration Link. YOU must click the Go to Webinar link in the second email to complete your registration and receive the link from Go to Webinar to actually access the webinar.
2) The presenter's PowerPoint slides (as a PDF) will be emailed to you one day prior to the webinar.
Cancellation/Refund Policy for Webinar:
To receive full refund on webinar registration fee, you must email a request for refund to the AzNMA Executive Director at least 7 days prior to webinar date. Email: [email protected]
NO Refunds or Credits are granted for "No-Shows" to the webinar.
The material and information provided at AzNMA Educational Events, Webinars and Online CME courses are offered as information only and not as practice, financial, accounting, legal or other professional advice. AzNMA does not make any implied warranties whatsoever with regards to information content or any other product, service or educational program presented. Attendees need to consult their own professional advisers for such advice. Business decisions, including decisions about method of practice, are personal choices to be made by individual physicians.