December 2, 2017 - December 2, 2017
2140 E Broadway
Map and Directions | Register
Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association Livestreamed Seminar
Cannabis: Medical & Legal Responsibilities and Uses and Legal Aspects of Cannabanoids
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
CME Hours (Tentative)
4.0 Pharm and 2.5 General
• Understanding the law and potential penalties associated with medical cannabis certifications.
• Provide Physicians the education needed to answer patient’s questions and provide safe medical oversight to pediatric patients being considered for treatment with cannaboid medicines.
• Develop clinical strategies for better management of patients with neurological degenerative conditions.
• A thorough and frank discussion of the protocol for evaluating patients being considered for medical cannabis.
• Mechanisms of action of CBD and about the endocannabinoid system.
Schedule of Events
7:30 AM Registration Opens
8:00 AM Medical Marijuana & the Law - Kimberly Kent RN, JD
9:10 AM Naturopathic Management of Patients with Neurodegenerative Conditions - Dr. Kenneth Proefrock
10:20 AM. Break
10:40 AM. A New Paradigm in Opioid Harm Reduction - Dr. Ravi Chandiramani
12:00 PM Lunch Provided
12:45 PM Medical Marijuana: Pediatric Conditions - Dr. William Troutt
2:15 PM Arizona Medical Marijuana Certification Done Right - Dr. Shawna Eischens
3:45 PM. Seminar Ends
October 25, 2017 - October 25, 2017
Map and Directions | Register
Treating Diverticulitis with Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Mona Morstein
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm -- Arizona Time (MST)
CMEs: 1.0 Pharmacy (pending)
Diverticulitis is a common inflammatory infection in the colon and can become recurrent. Typically treated with strong antibiotics, naturopathic medicine has excellent methods of uncovering the reasons the diverticulitis is occurring thus leading to prevention of further attacks and can treat uncomplicated diverticulitis very effectively without antibiotics. Join Dr. Mona Morstein to learn about this acute condition, how it presents, and how to treat it using a variety of naturopathic modalities.
- Learn demographic, etiology, physiology, presentation of diverticular disease
- Understand the differences in simple uncomplicated and complicated presentation of diverticulitis
- Learn the conventional treatments for diverticulitis, including antibiotics and surgery
- Understand the naturopathic analysis of diverticular disease
- Learn the comprehensive naturopathic treatments for acute disease and disease recurrence
Dr. Mona Morstein is the author of the book “Master Your Diabetes: A Comprehensive, Integrative Approach for Both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, published October, 2017. Preordering is available on Amazon and ChelseaGreen.com. She is the Founder and Executive Director of the 501c3 non-profit, the Low Carb Diabetes Association at lowcarbdiabetes.org She created the eleven week webinar on Comprehensive Treatment of Diabetes, worth 25 CE credits, archived at MedicineTalkPro.org. Dr. Morstein is an expert with diabetes and treating all patients with all types of this condition.
Webinar Registration Rates
$40 - AzNMA Physician Member
$20 - AzNMA Student Member
$60 - Non-Member
1) Upon completion of your online payment at AzNMA.org you will receive TWO emails: your payment receipt and confirmation of registration with a Go to Webinar registration Link.
YOU must click the Go to Webinar link in the second email to complete your registration and receive the link from Go to Webinar to actually access the webinar.
2) The presenter's PowerPoint slides (as a PDF) will be emailed to you one day prior to the webinar.
Cancellation/Refund Policy for Webinar:
To receive full refund on webinar registration fee, you must email a request for refund to the AzNMA Executive Director at least 7 days prior to webinar date. Email: [email protected]
NO Refunds or Credits are granted for "No-Shows" to the webinar.
The material and information provided at AzNMA Educational Events, Webinars and Online CME courses are offered as information only and not as practice, financial, accounting, legal or other professional advice.
AzNMA does not make any implied warranties whatsoever with regards to information content or any other product, service or educational program presented.
Attendees need to consult their own professional advisers for such advice. Business decisions, including decisions about method of practice, are personal choices to be made by individual physicians.
AzNMA provides Online CME courses that are recordings of educational events hosted by AzNMA.
Select from a variety of topics and recordings from AzNMA Member Meetings, webinars, seminars, and conferences.
Once purchased, as an AzNMA Member, the link to access the course will show up on your Member page. By clicking on that course link on your member page, you will be able to view the presentation and hear the speaker at the recorded educational event. As long as you maintain your AzNMA Membership, the link will continue to exist on your Member page.
An Online CME certificate for the appropriate online course is also provided in the Download link with the presentation. Be sure to print your Online CME certificate and attach to your online purchase receipt for your files. Or digitally file both. (AzNMA is not responsible for keeping your CME records on file.)
Check out the Online CME courses.