September 23, 2020 - September 23, 2020
Assessing Thyroid and HPA Dysfunction
Presented by Dr. Michael Friedman, ND
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm -- Arizona Time (MST)
CMEs: 1.5 Pharmacy
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the HPA Axis.
- Review diseases associated with decreased HPA axis function.
- Review the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid dysfunction.
- Review the diagnosis and treatment of adrenal dysfunction.
- Review the effects of stress on different patient populations.
- Present case studies of patients with HPA axis dysfunction
- Isbrucker RA, Burdock GA. Risk and safety assessment on the consumption of Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza sp.), its extract and powder as a food ingredient, with emphasis on the pharmacology and toxicology of glycyrrhizin. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 2006;46(3):167 192.
- Stewart PM, Wallace AM, Valentino R, Burt D, Shackleton CH, Edwards CR. Mineralocorticoid activity of liquorice:11 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency comes of age. Lancet 1987;2(8563):821 824.
- Chrousos, G.P.N Engl J Med 1995;332:1351 1363
- Coelho R, et al. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2013; Nov 11; doi : 10.1111/acps.
- Matthews KA, et al. Brain Behav Immun 2013; Sep 25. pii: S0889 1591 13)00468 6
- Holt Lunstad J, et al. PLoS Med 2010; 7:e1000316
- Broyles ST, et al. PLoS One 2012; 7(9):e45419.
- Hillman K M, Riordan T, O’Farrell S M. Colonization of the gastric contents of critically ill patients. Crit Care Med. 1982 Jul;10(7):444-7. doi: 10.1097/00003246-198207000-00005.
Webinar Registration Rates
$55- AzNMA Physician Member
$35 - AzNMA Student Member
$75 - Non-Member Physician
$55 - Non-Member Student
Upon completion of your online payment at AzNMA.org you will receive TWO emails: your payment receipt and confirmation of registration with a Go to Webinar registration link. Click the Go to Webinar link in the second email to complete your registration and receive the link from Go to Webinar to actually access the webinar.