April 8, 2020 - April 8, 2020
The Endocannabinoid System: CBD, Botanicals and Beyond
Presented by Dr. Heath McAllister
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm -- Arizona Time (MST)
CMEs: 1.0 General and 1.0 Pharmacy (2.0 total) from AzNMA (pending)
The Endocannabinoid system is a hot topic in modern research and clinical application. Therapeutic activation of this system has shown promise in a great many arenas from cancer research to auto-immunity to mental health disorders. The most well-known exogenous cannabinoids are THC and CBD. Lesser known but therapeutically valuable are cannabinoids found in other botanicals and foods, which can be employed to great effect and without any legal issues. This presentation walks the attendee through an overview of the endocannabinoid receptors, the endogenous and exogenous ligands, drugs that target the endocannabinoid receptors, and highlights non-cannabis botanicals that can active, augment, or otherwise interface with this profound system of equilibrium in the body.
Attend this presentation to confidently:
* Understand the major functions of CB1 vs CB2 stimulation in different tissues.
* Understand which botanicals aside from cannabis engage with the endocannabinoid system.
* Understand the current and potential future pharmaceuticals that interface with the endocannabinoid system.
* Understand which conditions could benefit the most from stimulating the endocannabinoid system and which agents may be best suited.
* Understand the current legal status of cannabinoids.
Webinar Registration Rates
$75- AzNMA Physician Member
$55 - AzNMA Student Member
$145 - Non-Member Physician
$115 - Non-Member Student