December 1, 2018 - December 1, 2018
2140 E Broadway
Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association Workshop
Medical & Legal Responsibilities Of Medical Cannabis
Understanding Endocannabinoid System Health
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
CME Hours (Tentative)
3.5 Pharmacy and 2.5 General
• Understanding the law and potential penalties associated with medical cannabis certifications.
• Provide Physicians the education needed to answer patient’s questions and provide safe medical oversight to pediatric patients being considered for treatment with cannabinoid medicines.
• Develop clinical strategies for management of patients with neurological degenerative and pediatric conditions.
• A thorough and frank discussion of the protocol for evaluating patients being considered for medical cannabis.
• Mechanisms of action of CBD and the endocannabinoid system.
Schedule of Events
8:00 AM Registration Open – Continental Breakfast Available
8:30 AM Welcome & Introductions
8:40 AM Medical Marijuana & the Law - Brenna Gingrich, JD, Kent Law Group
9:40 AM Naturopathic Management of Patients with Neurodegenerative Conditions -
Dr. Kenneth Proefrock
10:40 AM Break
11:00 AM Endocannabinoid System Health, The Basics and Beyond - Sara Jane Pluta
Sponsored by Natural Partners Fullscript
12:00 PM Lunch Provided
12:45 PM Medical Marijuana: Pediatric Conditions - Dr. William Troutt
2:15 PM Break
2:30 PM Arizona Medical Marijuana Certification Done Right - Dr. Shawna Eischens
4:00 PM Workshop Ends