In this webinar, Dr. Lyn Patrick provides a tale of caution and naturopathic approaches to treatment with regards to GERD and proton pump inhibitors.
Participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between erosive and non-erosive GERD, and the different strategies for treating each
- Identify signs and symptoms that would necessitate ruling out GERD
- Understand the research behind the use of naturopathic therapies in the treatment of GERD and Barrett's esophagitis
- Utilize a naturopathic protocol for treating GERD based on clinical evidence and published research
- Identify the risks for patients taking PPIs and the proper protocol for weaning patients off of PPI medication
Good for 1.5 Pharmacy CME Credits